Analyzing, evaluating and sizing jobs in a consistent manner is one of the key challenges of compensation and career management. Aon offers a range of solutions from competency and capability models through to traditional points-factor job evaluation to help you more efficiently manage this process.
We'll consult with key stakeholders to discuss your project plan with the goal to optimize the process of evaluation within your HR department.
Make consistent and defensible reward decisions
Job analysis involves one of our consultants systematically identifying and documenting important information associated with job roles within your organization. This can include key responsibilities, activities, skills, work environment and required education levels.
A job analysis can benefit your organization by:
- Allowing you to gain an in-depth understanding of the content of your organization’s job roles
- Delivering results that can be used for enhancing human resource strategies, activities, and processes
- Enhancing employees' trust in compensation decisions by providing them with an opportunity to express their knowledge of the roles they perform and contribute to the processes that determine compensation levels.
Manage your job evaluation process through JobLink™
JobLink™ is Aon's market leading job evaluation tool, developed to directly address the need for a new, modern job evaluation system to accurately assess relative job sizes of roles within organizations. It is suited to any organization looking to structure their HR strategies, policies, practices and compensation decisions around an objective assessment of jobs. We can set up JobLink™ for you so you can manage your evaluation processes internally, or we can manage it on your behalf.
Job evaluations are an essential element to provide basis for fair, transparent and defensible people management decisions.
JobLink™ allows HR practitioners to:
- Deliver an agreed method and set of criteria for evaluating roles in your organization
- Formulate a body of knowledge on the size and relative worth of roles by gathering, sorting and assessing information
- Minimize subjectivity and maximize consistency related to assessing the size of roles
- Compare and contrast the size of roles within your organization and make consistent, rational and defensible HR/compensation decisions
- Use job sizing information to build and maintain a solid HR/compensation framework tailored to your organization
- Increase the credibility of the HR/compensation functions by providing a fair, transparent and communicable methodology for decisions.
Using our JobLink™ methodology allows you to easily underpin your grading structure with competitive market data from Aon's leading compensation database. It allows you to easily and robustly link job evaluation points to pay—with the security that the underlying data is comprehensive and relevant to your industry.
JobLink™ identifies factors that can capture how modern day roles are differentiated in their application of knowledge, span of authority and connectedness to other parts of the organization on a global or local level.
Roles are measured on the basis of:
JobLink™ is also a valuable tool to underpin a structure to support:
- Knowledge necessary to adequately perform a role and how that knowledge needs to be applied
- Degree of problem solving and innovation required
- Nature of interaction
- Impact a role has on the immediate surrounds and the organization
- Accountability the role holds
- Compensation setting
- Career progression
- Performance management
- Workforce planning
- Competency frameworks
- Incentive design and values
- Multi-divisional or business unit